Saturday, November 2, 2013

So, yeah, I ran another race.

Today was my second attempt at the Silver Falls Trail Half Marathon ( geez, that's a mouthful). It was my third half ( technically my fourth since I bailed out of my Portland Marathon attempt at about the halfway point. Injury and stupid are not good combos).

 As I look over today's race, I could pretty much just recycle last year's report, since it reads a lot like today's results. I came out one minute faster than last year. Of course, the conditions were about 9 bazillion times worse than last year, so my one minute faster was a much stronger showing than 2012.  Plus, I'm still nursing a cranky knee (if by 'nursing' you mean still running races and not resting enough.) I was undertrained and not sufficiently prepared for today. At all. But, I learned I can bust out a not awful half marathon in horrendous weather on pretty just my base conditioning. So, I got that goin' for me. Which is nice.

I have a December 5k in the books, but after that I think I'll take a holiday break to focus on some cycling and strength training before getting back to base building for next year's races.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment