Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One week

I heard Barenaked Ladies on the radio earlier today and was reminded that it's been one week since I've gone for a run. It's really been more than a week if you take out the crap run of last Tuesday (which no self respecting runner would count as a run).
Lame. Like my foot

My foot is just starting to feel better, so I'm taking a few more days off to see how it goes before I put it  to any sort of test. In truth I'll probably wait until next Monday, given the holiday weekend and such. This allows more healing time and for me to consider and decide my approach to re-entering the running practice. Barefoot? Minimally shod? Full on running shoe? To be honest I just don't know. 

My biggest fear is injury keeping me from running in a long-term sort of way. I'm not highly confident in any approach as I write this, so time will tell as I work through my decision process. If history is any indicator, a gut feeling as I'm getting dressed for my run will be the deciding vote.

Until then, Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment