Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last post of the year!

I'm sure it's not as exciting for you as it is for me. I have to say it's been an amazing year. My kids are healthy, I'm (still)married to my best friend (not you, Larry...just to be clear...), I've made some great friends in my school cohort, and, not least of all, I got back to running. I can't really express enough what  a positive impact running has had on me this year, despite the challenges, injuries, and fact that I am generally unfit.

I really don't do "New Year's resolutions;" I just break themI think they're a little silly. I have, over the past few years, tried to set goals for the year. I can't say it's any more successful than resolutions, but it sounds less silly to me and has a sense of flexibility and achievement as opposed to the all or nothing proposition of resolutions. Not to mention resolutions are almost always too grandiose to be achievable. I like to aim small. It leaves less room for disappointment. So without further delay, here are some of my goals for 2012:

More of this:
That would be running, not being tubby.

Less of this:

mmmm...couch potato
Pretty simple, right? Anyone care to wager on the odds of my success?

I hope you keep all your resolutions (or break them in spectacular fashion, if that's your thing), and 2012 exceeds all your hopes and expectations.

Oh, and here's hoping the Mayans were wrong about that whole Apocalypse thing.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment