Saturday, June 25, 2011

Soooo Close!!!

but no donut.

(I was this close...)

I think I've made it clear that I am building slowly (think glaciers) into barefoot running. I have been making progress, but it is incremental at best and probably only noticeable from one run to the next by me. I set out yesterday for my run and it was going well, I thought. I did my usual lap around the park, but was feeling strong so I decided to keep going. I pulled another lap around the perimeter of the park and then ran the full load home.

At this point I was pretty stoked because i had achieved a persistent 15-minute run without walk breaks. I told you I was building it slow; stop looking at me with your judgmental eyes. Any way; I checked the GPS and saw the numbers: .96 mile! I was so close to the "first barefoot mile" mark and I didn't even feel awful. This was a good day! I wasn't shooting for distance at all, so it was quite a surprise.

My form is still developing and I have some friction blisters on my feet today, but that's just part of the deal and keeps me humble and slow-going. Gotta work on that; I haven't found good reference videos of good barefoot form yet. Anyone got any suggestions? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment