Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A word about the wife

Awesome.

I don't brag on my wife enough. She is my best friend, a heckuva teacher and my biggest cheerleader (aside from my kids, that is. Nobody tops Stinky for cheering on dad).

This last week has been really trying, for reasons I won't go into detail about; it is summed up pretty well by saying my dream of going into teaching was almost dead in the water. When things like this happen I get stuck in my head and focus a little too much on the catastrophic possibilities. Jen has been encouraging me and sticking by me all through this week while we waded through some murky, incredibly stinky waters. She's great like that, and I can always count on her to be there, though I am always surprised at how she keeps it up (I give her plenty of reason to tell me to take a flying leap) each and every time*.

She has been a huge supporter of my running renaissance as well. She has also made a return to running this year (though with *sigh* shoes. We'll work on that later...) and has been encouraging me to get out there for a run even (especially) on the days I just didn't want to. She's my best pal and I'm lucky as a guy can be to have her. So raise a glass, all you lot, to the wife (or husband or committed life partner, if it so applies to your situation). Without 'em we'd be sunk.

Later; I'm off for a run.

*Special thanks also go out to my folks. Words can't express how much we appreciate you, mom & dad. You are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment