Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Proving Grounds (or My Run in Pictures)

A big part of barefoot running is conditioning. Duh, you say? I mean conditioning the feet, not the usual conditioning of cardio improvements, etc. While I was barefoot at home 98% of the time, I still spent a lot of time in shoes up until six or eight weeks ago when I began seriously considering this whole bfr thing. Anyway, the conditioning process is basically running on a flat, smooth, preferably asphalt (for the slight texture variation) surface. Fortunately for me there's a park just around the corner with just such a path ringing it. I've been running there 3-4 times a week for five weeks now, but today I ran it in the opposite way 'round; you know, for a change of pace (pun begone!) scenery. I learned many mountain bike rides ago that the same old trail becomes new again if ridden in the opposite direction. What a difference it made in today's run. 1.43 miles according to Runtastic (my coaching app on the phone) and it felt sooo easy! Anyway; today, instead of boring you all silly with a bunch of words (too late!) about my run I thought I'd do it in pictures.

Enough talky! Gimme pithcers (as they say back home)!

(REALLY)White shoes!

I've spent a ton of time trying to figure my mileage on this loop. Flipped the direction today and saw this. I'm a moron.

Two roads diverged and I, I took the...one on the left

got lucky with the light here

Proud to say I've yet to need this bench 
Crap, i just jinxed myself, didn't I?
I don't know why, but I love this spot. it's a neat little archway

Here's where all the moms give me funny looks
"where are his shoes?" I hear them whisper...
GoGo helps me stretch it out after a run.
She's hilarious.
As a footnote (sigh...I'll let it stay, but I hate accidental punnery), school is back in session for a new quarter, which means more of a topical mix between running stuff and school/educational ranting. Yay variety!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment